Welcome to the Y
It's not just a membership. When you join the Y you are joining cause for supporting and strengthening community. That’s why we’re here working with you every day, making sure that you, your family and community have the resources and support you need to learn, grow and thrive.
With a focus on developing the potential of kids, improving individual health and well-being, and giving back and supporting our neighbors, your membership will bring about meaningful change not just within yourself, but in your community too.
When you join the Y you belong to a place where:
- Parents find a safe, positive environment for children to learn good values, social skills and behaviors.
- Families come together to have fun and spend quality time with each other.
- Children and teens play, learn who they are and what they can achieve, and are accepted.
- Adults connect with friends, pursue interests and learn how to live healthier.
- Communities thrive because neighbors support each other and give back.
- We all build relationships that further our sense of belonging and purpose.
The Y is a nonprofit like no other. Be a member of something special.
Benefits for Members
Our members take priority because by being a Y member, members make serving our community a reality. As a cause-driven Y member, you not only get to be a part of our work to strengthen community, you also receive the following benefits:
- No contracts
- No annual fees
- Member owned and operated non-profit organization
- Unlimited access to the Ashtabula County YMCA
- Free access to all Ohio YMCAs
- Nationwide privileges at more than 2600 Ys across the country
- Cause-driven staff who want to support you and help you succeed
- Free babysitting while you work out
- Free land and water fitness classes
- Discounted rates for programs
- Priority registration - register for classes up to 3 months at a time
- Peace of mind knowing that your membership helps prevent drowning and boating accidents
- Discounted rates for child care including preschool, kindergarten readiness, before school, after school, snow days, and school days off
- Discounted rates for summer day camp
- Discounts on building rentals, pool rentals, and birthday parties
- Opportunities to connect, make new friends, and give back to your community
- Free fitness center orientations and free fitness nutrition coaching
- Family nights and swims
- Free racquetball court reservations
- A safe space where diversity is embraced and appreciated
- Open special hours on most holidays
We believe that youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility only strengthen our community when opportunity is available to everyone in our community. We never turn anyone away due to an inability to pay. Income-based pricing is available for membership.
Seniors age 60 and up or college students enrolled at least 6 credit hours per semester are eligible for a 25% subsidy for any membership type.
Youth - Children 18 years of age or younger that have not yet graduated high school.
Adult - Adults age 18 or older.
Household - Two adults who share the same address and their dependent children. Additional adults that share the same address may be added for an additional fee per month, per additional adult.
Supporting Member - Anyone interested in supporting our cause to strengthen community, but not interested in access to the facility, program discounts, or other benefits of membership.
Joining Fees/Annual Fees
There is no annual fee for a Y membership. We do charge a one-time joining fee as an investment to our asset preservation fund - used to maintain our facility. This fee is not payable again as long as your membership does not lapse more than 30 days.
Monthly Easy Pay - Monthly automatic payments from a credit card, debit card, checking, or savings account.
Annual Pay - Annual invoice. Annual memberships are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Return Payment - The Ashtabula County YMCA reserves the right to charge a return payment fee for any transactions unpaid by the bank including credit card, debit card, EFT transactions, and returned checks.
We don't do contracts and you can cancel at any time. Membership will continue until you have completed the 30-day termination notice available at the front desk. Monthly memberships will terminate at the end of the month following the month you complete the termination notice. Annual memberships terminate at the end of the annual term unless renewed and are non-refundable and non-transferable.